Poems

Don't you dream impossible dreams? - Taylor Swift

Feb 28, 2014

Priorities dictate our decisions

Choices,

I have come to realise im in the minority of people who place a high priority in life for happiness. I thought there were alot of people who based their decisions on happiness, what they like. But apparently most people base on certain things on happiness. Like should they buy that slurpee they can live without but want just because. Come to something more serious though and people run scared.

Uni course choices, the people around me made the list with career and money in mind. I'm part of the stupid few who listed what they like, what they want. Did I make a stupid mistake? But then again not like i really think i have an actual chance of getting in.
Is it truly foolish and selfish of me to go after what i like? Even though its not the "practical" choice. What is even the practical choice any more.

But im in no place to judge (kinda alr did but yeah wtv) cause i'd walk away from the slurpee. Priorities they really do dictate our actions and run our life don't they.

It's pointless of me to even bother anymore, what's done is done. My results and path are somewhat already there. As humans we never fail to regret and re-think something. Especially after we hit that almighty send button. You'd think that after pressing send, you can put it away. but no we sit there and continue to think about that decision. What can we say to make it look like it was an accident, not meant on purpose.
Our lives could be simple, but with the simplicity of live comes simplicity of emotion. Maybe its a good thing having simple emotions but look at the other end. There is only happy, no glee, no joy, no psyched, nothing after happy.

So this trip to infinity and beyond is probably a pointless journey that we do on the way to the end, but its a journey we take.
And to the people who claim 'life is short', god please its the longest bloody thing you are ever going to experience. It for sure as hell is not short, get that in please.

Fine call me stupid, call me hopeless, call me a dreamer. I'll be all those things and I will be truly happy. Maybe I don't make it, maybe I come to lose everything but I tried. I gave it my best shot at being happy.
So out of all the things I regret on my death bed not chasing this will not be one of them. And come on I already have a lot of things on my regret list. I should look to trimming it down or that will be one long death bed wait for people.

Hmmm this post kinda of went from my opinions on what people were talking about to ranting and then just pure nonsense. Very scattered thoughts. On the semi-bright side, i have one paper left. Not sure how that is bright, but yeah.
Yes we are all afraid of something or the other but
fearless is not the absence of fear, its being afraid to jump but jumping anyways. 

Go, live your life with reckless abandon~