Poems

Don't you dream impossible dreams? - Taylor Swift

Feb 22, 2016

Twisted Logic

Your body is made of the same elements that lionesses are built from. Three quarters of you is the same kind of water that beats rocks to rubble, wears stones away. Your DNA translates into the same twenty amino acids that wolf genes code for. When you look in the mirror and feel weak, remember, the air you breathe in fuels forest fires capable of destroying everything they touch. On the days you feel ugly, remember: diamonds are only carbon. You are so much more.

Sometimes we just need a reminder that we are so much more than we believe ourselves to be.
Yes, undying hope sets us up for hurt and misery. But the alternative would be to not hope,would be to constantly not believe, would be to always put ourselves down. 
And I don't believe that is a way to live
Things in life may not always go the way we want it to, so then its up to us to us to find the little joys and hold on to that happiness. 
Easier said than done; here's a tip though, its what we choose our minds to focus on. 

I've been asking around... they don't seem happy with their jobs but yet they use this word 'okay' to describe how they feel about it. Am I too young to understand the intricacies of life? Am I being foolish valuing being happy over so many things? This is a job, a place you spend the most amount of time in, yet it does not seem to matter to them to be happy in it. 'pay above all' Just how long will humans allow themselves to be guided by money? I'm not denying that money is important and can make one happy, but just ... Why be unhappy to earn that happiness. Does that not seem like an incredibly twisted logic\\

Maybe I'm just being young, stupid, ignorant and foolish. Maybe when I look back on myself a year later, I would have become the person i never want to be. Maybe then I'll understand where they came from, till then I value my happiness, in the simplest things. 

to shield myself from the negativity I surround myself with. I really don't know if I made the right decision, but I made it. And so I will stand by it and do the best I can. 


'Cause if you like the way you look that much
Oh, baby, you should go and love yourself\

And when you told me that you hated my friends
The only problem was with you and not them
And every time you told me my opinion was wrong
And tried to make me forget where I came from