Poems

Don't you dream impossible dreams? - Taylor Swift

Jun 12, 2014

Weapon or a Drug



I was writing this note/card for someone during graduation.
I wasn't really sure why I was doing it, I guess I felt like it was right, like i had to. For everything before.
It was then i realised something.
This person and I, we were meant to meet, we were meant to be in each other's life.
We had things to teach each other, i have learned I hope she did too.
Maybe im just seeing things, lines when its just a conincidence.
But I feel like it was one time too many ahahaha.

On that day I found my meaning of  "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"

We are always changing, absorbing and adapting to our surroundings. Its what makes us the dominant species, its how we survived a thousand years when dinosaurs died. Our ability to change, adapt and evolve to fit the time.
As for me I know i change, i know my thoughts my opinions are constantly changing.
People influence each other, always. In certain ways i take on their opinions as my own, but only if i really believe in it. Strong in my mind that way.

I recently, okay maybe it was long ago when i read something.
It was about happiness, finding it attaining it.
This guy talked and talked, then this one thing caught me.
We change, our mindset changes!
We define our happiness and we set the standard for us to be happy. So our changing mindset, hinders our chance at happiness.
How do i put this? okay example then..
3 years ago, all i wanted in life was to get through poly without failing anything. I really did not want to stay back for half a year.
I've had a few scares through the years when i thought i really was going to fail.
But i didn't. This year i graduated, on time, without failing anything. There is that one annoying D, but.

But im not happy, i was not at graduation.
Because all i could think of was the uncertain future, and how i could have worked harder to not get that one annoying D

So technically, if my mindset had not changed, I would be insanely happy to have made it to the end, unfailed. I would have been bursting and jumping with joy graduating with my fellow classmates. \

That was what the guy talked about. True, really it. But ahahah there's always a but isn't there.
If my mindset had not changed, i would not have worked as hard as i did in my final year.
I would not have been able to accomplish the things i did in the last 2 years. Because i would not have felt the need for it.
And also mainly i would have graduated with the mind of a 16 yr old. Who cannot really have the mental maturity needed to think about the future, in terms of career and education wise.
I would be lost as shit right now.
With this brain and maturity i already feel lost, imagine that brain, omg. 

So moral of the story, don't take things at face value. There will always be a but, depends and so on.
My past time is questioning the words of motivational quotes and speakers cause there's always an alternate ending.

You can turn a phrase into a weapon or a drug

save tonight and 
fight the break of dawn.
All the things we've done
How did we get here?
Let's never lose sight of 
how far we've come this past year.